This Is The Best Way To Clean Brass Homeware
Make high-end decor pieces sparkle with this amazing hack!
Brass is a tricky material to clean—there’s no way you can use ordinary soap and water (it can result to fading and discoloration!) nor is it practical to use expensive cleaners unless you want to put a dent on your budget. Don’t worry; you can still get your brass decor to sparkle with a tried-and-tested cleaning hack! Check out the step-by-step guide below:
What you need:
- 1/2 a lemon
- a teaspoon or so of baking soda
- a small bowl to mix your paste
- and some dirty brass
- Squeeze half a lemon into your bowl. Slowly mix in baking soda to make a paste. It might fizz a little bit but it will settle down as you stir it.
- Apply the paste and gently work it into the brass. For best results, use a soft washcloth to rub the paste in one direction. You can also use an old toothbrush to reach the hard-to-reach corners.
- Once you’re done, give the brass a thorough rinse. Make sure there’s no leftover paste to avoid buildup.
- Polish it with a clean and dry washcloth.
More on Realliving.com.ph