RL Tips: Maintaining and Furnishing Your Bedroom
Two designers share tips that you can do for your private sanctuary
Make the most of your bedroom with these tips from Hannah Acab-Faustino and Frenjick Quesada.
Photographed by Miguel Nacianceno.
Read the original article ("Bedroom Bliss”) in the March 2012 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
1. Measure your mattress. “Before buying linens, make sure that you get the accurate dimension of your mattress, and that you don't confuse yourself with units of measurements. Measure in inches and take note [the] length, width, and pocket size (thickness or depth) of your mattress to make sure you purchase a perfect fit,” says interior designer Hannah Acab-Faustino of IDeal Interior Design Services.
2. Incorporate smart storage solutions. “Storage in the bedroom is key to keep it clutter- free and a proper place for rest and relaxation. A chest of drawers or cleverly hidden closets work well for this, [as well as] side tables [that function as] bedside storage. Customizing a bed that has drawers underneath stores clutter,” says interior designer Frenjick Quesada of Design HQ.
3. Edit your night table. “Avoid putting too many items on your bedside table. Put items you only need to be at your reach. The less ‘design’ you see, the better it is,” adds Hannah.
4. Keep your room tidy at all times. “Make cleaning and dusting off a regular habit,” says Hannah. “Put back [your] things from where [you] got [them]. It is [also] good practice to make the bed as you wake up in the morning.”
5. Eat outside the bedroom. “Avoid bringing food inside your bedroom. Crumbs may fall on the floor [and become] breeding ground for insects and pests,” says Hannah.