RL Tips: Creating a Unisex Palette
Achieve a color scheme that appeals to both masculine and feminine tastes
Just moved into your new home? Create a unisex palette by opting for muted greens like olive green or celery green to balance both masculine and feminine tastes for your space
Styling by Tala Singson. Assisted by Dagny Madamba. Photographed by Dairy Darilag.
Read the original article ("Gender-less Green") in the February 2014 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- The colors blue and white can capture both a man’s taste and a woman’s sophistication. Try these hues with muted greens to create a calm space.
- Choose low-key furniture pieces in light, natural wood finishes and simple silhouettes.
- Add a navy blue upholstered armchair and a blue-and white striped nautical rug for a masculine touch.
- Place small plants in white pots for a refreshing look.
- Incorporate your elegant style by adding classic white accessories.
Items that you may want to consider:
Bench with Backrest, P31,000, Perch Furnishing, Oliver Ottoman
Blue Armchair, P16, 000, Perch Furnishing, Oliver Ottoman
Oliver Ottoman, P2,500, Mandaue Foam Furniture Store
Blue Striped Flatwoven Rug, P1,500, Mobler
Alang Floor Lamp, P4,500, Mobler
Framed Pearl Harbor Poster, P4,900, Mobler
Fejka Plant, P320, Mobler
Kardemumma Plapo White Ceramic Vase, P180, Mobler
White Horse, P1,000, Mandaue Foam Furniture Store
Wooden Giraffe, P400, Mandaue Foam Furniture Store
*Prices are subject to change