RL Tips: Using Green and Neutral Shades
Tired of your usual white walls? Give your home a new look by pairing neutral colors with a neutral tone of green
A friend of neutral colors, sage green invites a feeling of friendliness and familiarity in every home. Try painting your walls with this cozy shade to create a fresh look. You can also turn your space into a relaxing haven by opting for neutral shades when shopping for furniture and accessories.
Styling by Tala Singson. Assisted by Dagny Madamba. Photographed by Dairy Darilag.
Read the original article ("Clean & Cozy") in the February 2014 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Create depth with different textures in beige and white that is reflected in upholstery or surface finishes.
- In this setup, a mellow palette of olive green, celery and lime green was used which adds a warm ambiance to the area. The palette is contrasted with neutral accents, such as white, gray and beige.
- Spruce up the corners of your space with distressed and wooden accessories.
- Decorate your home with modern wooden pieces such as a weave table lamp and a wooden-buttoned pillow. You may also use bamboo dinnerware to complement your stylish space.
- Accent the space with other shades of green, like eye-popping celery or lime.
- To brighten up your room, add lighter shades of green such as celery or lime
Items that you may want to consider:
Oriana Leisure Chair P11,950, Dimensione
Crazy Weave Table Lamp P1,600, Mandaue Foam Furniture Store
Green Vase P500, Mandaue Foam Furniture Store
Oliver Ottoman, P2,500, Mandaue Foam Furniture Store
White Round Table, P7,500, Perch Furnishing
Bild Fjallsta Mounted Pictures, P799 each, Mobler
Resi Bowl, Dapitan Arcade
Throw Pillows, Landmark
*Prices are subject to change