RL Ideas: Transform Your Living Area into a Bedroom
Invest in multipurpose pieces for your space
Don’t let limited space hinder you from having a well-utilized home. Here’s how you can maximize space by easily transforming a living area into a bedroom.
Picks and Styling by Issa Villar and Dagny Madamba. Assisted by Tala Singson. Photographed by Paolo Feliciano.
Read the original article ("5 Easy Pieces") in the July 2013 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Use your sofa as a daybed in the morning, and then unfold it as a real bed when it’s time to sleep.
- Dress up your bed with contrasting linen and lots of pillows.
- Position your armchair as your reading chair.
- Use the console table as a “headboard” behind your sofa bed. It will also serve as a ledge for your books and other nighttime knick-knacks.
- Hang your pendant lamps on either side of the daybed as your reading lights.
A couple of pieces that may come in handy:
Healthy Home Microfibre Blanket, P1,499.75, and Pillow, P849.75, Homeport Bed Cover, P1,300 (SM Homeworld); Dwell Studio Blue and White Pillow Cases P12,850 with Sheets (Rustan’s Department Store); Ikat Bungalow Pillow P795 (Dimensione); Bird Throw Pillow P129.75, Pillow Fillers, P149.75 each (Robinsons Department Store); ZAK! Designs Orange Tray, P1,450, (Rustans Department Store)
Abstract Hanging P399.75 (Robinsons Department Store); Sunvase P449.75 (SM Homeworld); Orange Lamp P8,895 (Dimensione).
Gravity Stools, P8,500 each (Space Encounters); Alarm Clock P249.75 (SM Homeworld); Lux Goa 188 Rug in Cream and Pink, P15,415 (Decoliving Manila)
*Prices are subject to change.
To view a list of stores and suppliers, click here.