Get Ready For the New Year: Transform Your Dining Room in 6 Steps
Create an instant banquette at home with today's tips
Turn every meal into a feast with your very own banquette. Here’s how you can upgrade your dining area.
Picks and Styling by Issa Villar and Dagny Madamba. Assisted by Tala Singson. Photographed by Paolo Feliciano.
Read the original article ("5 Easy Pieces") in the July 2013 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Move the sofa bed to the dining area and use it as a banquette.
- Use the console table as a dining table.
- Hang one or two pendant lamps over the table.
- Position the armchair as a dining chair.
- Add an easy-to-stow stackable chair for extra guests.
- Mix the poster with other interesting frames.
A couple of pieces that may come in handy:
Blue Frame, P299.75, White Frame P199.75, Door Wall Hanging P299.75 (Robinsons Department Store).
Blue Table Napkins, P89.75 each, Green Bamboo Plates, P89.75 each, (SM Homeworld); Pastry Stand, P2,280 (AC+632).
ON SOFA: Ikat Bungalow Pillows P795 (Dimensione).
IN FOREGROUND: OK Chair, P2,600 (5corners); Lux Goa 190 Rug in Cream and Silk, P15,415 (Decoliving Manila)
*Prices are subject to change.
To view a list of stores and suppliers, click here.