RL Ideas: A Pretty and Sophisticated Dining Table
With a mid-level budget, you can create a dining table meant for an engagement party or bridal shower
Hosting a party anytime soon? Here's an easy way on how you can transform your dining table. With a mid-level budget, you can create a table that will look good on Instagram, too!
Dress up your table by choosing delicate patterns and beautiful pastels that will impress your guests.
Styling by Issa Villar. Assisted by Dagny Madamba. Pictorial direction by Nat Clave. Photographed by Paolo Feliciano.
Read the original article ("Hot Plates”) in the August 2013 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Choose the right colors.
Soft, pastel colors of pink, melon, lemon yellow, and mint green plus frilly patterns and floral shapes will make a table setting feminine.
- Add a bit of edge.
Mix in modern shapes like vases, bowls, and glasses.
- Add unexpected pieces.
Throw in pieces like shell napkin rings and a bamboo fruit bowl.
RL Tip: Fill vases with flowers to complete this look.
Items that you may want to consider:
- Striped Table Runner, P199.75, SM Homeworld
- Pastel Colored Table Napkins P29.75, SM Homeworld
- Yellow Flower P2,895, Sifra Interiors and Objects
- Yellow Vase P1,995, Sifra Interiors and Objects
- Blue Vases P1,400 (small), P1,995 (big), Sifra Interiors and Objects
- Botanical Coaster Set P670, Heima
- Pink Plate P300, AC+632
- Legato Decorative Tray P5,450, Rustan’s Department Store
- Shell Napkin Ring P2,150 set of four with napkins, Rustan’s Department Store
- Salad Plates, price unavailable, a11
- Blue Square Plates, find similar at The Landmark
*Prices are subject to change.