Kitchen Cleaning Products You Didn’t Know About
Not-your-run-of-the-mill cleaners for a fresher, nicer-smelling kitchen
If you’ve been cleaning up your kitchen—countertops, tiled floors, dishes, and yes, even the kitchen sink—with the same mix of plain bleach and laundry detergent, then you might want to try something new.
Specialized cleaners can be more efficient in the long run, as they are made to clean specific kitchen surfaces and items effectively, and do not destroy the material in the process. Here are a few unexpected cleaning brands that are (surprise!) available in most hardware stores and supermarkets.
1. This has the powerful “cleaning muscle” of the original Mr. Muscle all-purpose cleaner—enough to rub out extra-dirty surfaces—but has a pleasant, lavender scent. Mr. Muscle Concentrated Liquid Cleaner with Glade, price upon request, major supermarkets
2. If you want to a product that’s safe to use on surfaces that your baby crawls or eats on, this minty-smelling Messy Bessy scrub is your best bet, as it’s made of natural ingredients. Eucalyptus All-purpose Scrub, P250, Messy Bessy
3. Have a green, clean day with a lovely-smelling (they call it “aromatherapeutic!”) all-purpose cleaner that works even on granite. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day All-Purpose Cleaner, P695, True Value
4. Keep those kitchen countertops polished and smelling like an herb garden with this basil-scented spray. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Countertop Spray, P375, True Value
5. International discount store Tesco is known for their affordable products, and this dishwashing liquid has a lot of value-for-money with its 500ml bottle. Tesco Everyday Value Washing Up Liquid, P54.75, Savemore
6. Another Messy Bessy product that’s gentle enough to use on kids’ dishes and eating utensils. Natural Dish Cleaner in Kiwi Lemon, P145 (bottle), and Aloe and Green Tea, P455 (big refill), Messy Bessy
7. A specialized cooktop cleaner that’s gentle enough not to scratch delicate, glass cooktops. Parker & Bailey Cooktop Cleaner, P249.75, Ace Hardware
8. This tile and natural stone floor cleaner leaves the surface squeaky clean, shiny, and without white streaks. Parker & Bailey Tile & Stone Floor Cleaner, P249.75, Ace Hardware
PHOTOS Paolo Feliciano (main), Kurt Alvarez, Louie Aguinaldo & Dairy Darilag (products), and Messy Bessy Facebook page
More on Realliving.com.ph