Jumpstart Your Day: Are You Ready to Sleep In The Shark Aquarium?
You'll be surrounded by 35 sharks—for real
It’s one thing to watch movies featuring sharks, and another to sleep in an underwater bedroom surrounded by them. On April 11, 12, and 13, the Aquarium de Paris is hosting the first sleepover in the world’s first underwater Airbnb—the Shark Aquarium. Talk about a lot of firsts, right? And you can be the lucky person to go through this once-in-a-lifetime experience! Don’t worry, you can bring a friend. Curious and excited? You might be wondering what the catch is so we did a little research and found the following details:
- The sleepover is up for grabs via a contest. Those interested need to submit an essay (in 50 to 500 words). You need to tell the hosts something about yourself, where you live, and why you deserve to sleep in the aquarium.
- Not from Paris? Not a problem! They will fly the winners in from anywhere around the world! (You get to see the lovely city of Paris for free!)
- The only thing separating you from our sharp-toothed friends is a 360-degree transparent wall—you can watch them and marvel as they swim around (might come in handy if you can't sleep!).
- Winners and their guests will be welcomed by host, Fred Buyle, a record-breaking freediver, underwater photographer, and shark enthusiast. Fred, together with a team of marine biologists, will give you a tour as well as a primer about your neighbors.
- As part of the house rules, guests are encouraged not to take selfies after dark—sharks are sensitive to light; no diving, and no night swimming, of course!
Think you're up to the challenge and unique experience? Deadline for entries will be on April 3, 11:59 p.m. CET. To give you a peek into what the experience would be like, watch the video below:
To learn more about the contest, safety precautions, and the Shark Aquarium, visit Airbnb.
Photo from RT.
More on Realliving.com.ph