Here's How You Can Get Your Friends To Help You Move
Filling your new home with love and laughter makes for a good start!
Moving out from the family home and having a place of your own is exciting—but it can also be quite overwhelming, especially if you’re doing it solo. Instead of stressing about packing and unpacking everything yourself, why not get help from your friends and throw a get-together in the middle of the disarray? After all, it’s never a bad idea to bond with your girlfriends while getting other things done. Try out these tips:
1. Prepare a bunch of finger food. Since you’re pressed for time and all your cookware is probably already packed, serve visitors comfort treats instead. No one can resist a cheesy slice of pizza or crispy fried chicken that can be delivered to your place in less than an hour.
2. Curate a get-psyched mix. Make a playlist of upbeat songs to get you in the mood to work. You can even select tunes according to a theme—for example, if your guests are from your highschool barkada, make sure to include a few hits from your younger years!
3. Make gratitude coupons. As a token for helping you out, give your guests party favors. Draw or write little errands you’re willing to do for them such as baby-sit, cook a gourmet meal or treat them to a spa day.
4. Keep your guests comfortable. While it is a given that your house might be in a very chaotic state, make sure to provide sufficient ventilation and plenty of drinks to keep them hydrated. Don’t forget to make sure that the loo is clean and functional, too!
5. Delegate tasks. In order to finish faster (and have spare time to watch a chick flick!), assign specific tasks for each guest. You can also divide the work by area—living, dining, kitchen and bedroom—of the home.
Read the original article ("They like to move it (move it!)") in the August 2010 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph