DIY: Yarn Art
Add color to your walls with very little cost
What if we told you that you can make a statement piece for your living area using only scrap craft yarn and twigs?
We came accross the idea for Yarn Art via Pinterest and we were immediately sold. It's easy-to-make, affordable, and it can match a lot of decorating styles! This work of art can add a nice pop of color in a Shabby Chic bedroom, a great accent piece in a Modern Contemporary space, and it can also add a soft touch to a rustic-industrial home.
If you're looking to give your living area an upgrade without spending much, here's a project that you can work on over the weekend:
What you need:
- Clean twig, driftwood or a simple piece of dowel
- Different colors of yarn (preferably the thick kind)
- Tie nylon string on both ends of the branch and hang it on the wall.
- Cut different colors of yarn twice as long as you want your finished product to be. Afterwards, fold the piece of yarn in half and place the folded end over the branch towards the front.
- Loop the ends of the yarn through the hole and slowly pull tight.
- Slide each piece of yarn against the last one without leaving any gaps.
RL Tip: Once you're done, feel free to experiment with trimming the bottom to create a unique pattern. You can try playing with asymmetrical angles, V-shapes, and W-shapes to make it more interesting!
More on Realliving.com.ph