DIY: Wallpaper Shelves
Give your old, dusty shelf an upgrade by using colorful wallpapers
Shelves are considered as important must-haves for the home. Aside from using it to display our collections and books, these pieces also help keep our personal belongings organized.
If you’re looking for an easy way to update the shelf at home, you may install wallpaper inside to give it a chic, new look. Let this easy project guide you.
Main photo from luluandgeorgia.com.
- Utility knife
- Measuring tape
- Adhesive tape
Photo by Miguel Nacianceno.
- Measure the length and width of your shelf using a measuring tape.
- Using a pair of scissors, cut a portion of your wallpaper that is proportionate to the insides of your shelf.
- Wipe your shelf with a damp cloth to remove dust and debris then let it dry.
- Carefully peel the patterned front located at the back of the wallpaper. Next, line it up to the book case and press it down so it will stick. If you have an old-fashioned wallpaper, apply wallpaper paste at the edges using a paintbrush first.
- To avoid bubbles, smooth out the wallpaper using a damp cloth or utility knife.
RL Tip: Feel free to experiment using wallpapers with different designs and textures.
Photo from luluandgeorgia.com.
More on Realliving.com.ph