DIY: Update Your Plain Side Table
Transform your furniture with just a few coats of paint
Tired of the old look of your side table? You can easily update its look using your chosen paint colors. For this mini makeover, decorator Elle Uy wanted a stand-out piece but no too over the top. She was also inspired by the vintage theme.
If you're thinking of giving your side table an upgrade, let the step-by-step below guide you.
Read the original article ("10 Designer Mini-Makeovers") in the July 2013 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Sanding sealer
- Masking tape
- Pale blue paint
- Deep aqua paint
- Drawer pull
Estimated budget: P2, 500
- Strip the entire piece using wood stripper.
- Apply sanding sealer on the edges of the table for the wood finish. Wait to dry.
- Cover the edges with masking tape.
- Spray-paint the table legs with three coats of pale blue paint. Let each coat dry before spraying the next coat.
- Cover legs with tape and paper. Spray the body with three coats of deep aqua paint. Wait to dry.
- Install hardware.
Inspired by this mini makeover? Click here to get in touch with Elle and to see more of her projects.
More on Realliving.com.ph