DIY: How to Reupholster A Chair
Revive a dated accent chair using a fun fabric
When decorating on a limited budget, buying new furniture is sometimes postponed (if not scrapped) to save on costs. However, it is possible to have "new" furniture without buying one. In this project, you'll learn how to give an old chair a complete overhaul. Here's how:
- 1 can of spray paint in chrome finish
- 1 can of spray paint primer
- 2 meters semi-shag fabric (or any fabric of your choice)
- Staple gun
1. Remove the upholstery of the chair. Sand the wooden parts of the chair and wipe it using a rag.
2. Apply primer and let dry, then, spray paint with chrome or metallic paint. Let dry.
3. Cover the seat cushion and the back of the chair with the new fabric using a staple gun.
Read the original article ("3 Easy Furniture Makeovers") in the July 2010 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph