DIY: Recycled Makeup Organizer
Make use of old dinnerware and a trusty glue gun
Are you the type who keeps old plates, bowls, and glasses at home? Put these items to good use by turning them into a two-tier organizer for your makeup and accessories. Let the project below guide and inspire you:
What you need:
- Assorted saucers, bowls, and plates
- Glue gun (P319, available at Wilcon Depot)
- Glue stick (P39.75, pack of 6, available at Wilcon Depot)
- Shot glass (P69.75, Robinsons Department Store)
1. Prepare the materials needed for the project. Aside from buying melamine bowls, you can work with old plates and saucers that you already have. For a two-tier stand similar to what we did, you would need a shot glass and two bowls.
2. Before crafting the piece, make sure your glue gun is hot.
3. Begin by gluing the bottom of the shot glass to the center of the first bowl. Once it's secure, attach the bottom of the second bowl to the rim of the glass.
4. Before adding makeup and accessories, make sure that the bowls are tight and secure.
RL Tip: You can turn your finished project into a three-tier organizer by using another glass and melamine bowl. Aside from makeup and accessories, you can also use it when displaying fruits as a centerpiece in the dining area or even when serving cookies and cupcakes.
Add a bit of quirk and fun into your project by mixing and matching bowls, saucers, and plates in different colors and sizes.
More on Realliving.com.ph