DIY: Popsicle Stick Planters
Craft a quirky planter that you can personalize and display at home
Whether you like collecting succulents or you simply want to cultivate herbs at home, having the right set of planters is a must. If you're feeling extra creative and you want to have a distinct planter for your plants, this project will surely come in handy!
Using popsicle sticks and paint, you can create an accent piece that will instantly standout.
- 40-50 pieces of popsicle sticks (may vary depending on the size of the planter)
- Acrylic paint in different colors
- Scissors or cutter
- Sponge brush
- Square glass vase
- Measuring Tape
- Glue gun
- Cut off the round edges of the popsicle sticks and make sure that all pieces have the same size.
- Measure the vase’s width and height using the measuring tape.
- Glue four popsicle sticks together to form a square that can hold the vase. If your vase is bigger, double the amount of sticks but make sure it's still proportionate to the size of the vase.
- Glue more popsicle sticks to fill in the insides of the square to create a solid piece. Repeat the process until you create five panels.
- Using a glue gun, secure the panels together to form a cube. Secure the top and bottom areas by adding more sticks for a better structure.
- Use sandpaper to remove the rough the edges of the popsicle sticks.
- Paint the popsicle planter with your chosen colors using a sponge paint brush. Let it dry.
- Hang your planters or place it in the living area.
More on Realliving.com.ph