DIY: Polka Dot Coasters
Get party-ready with this fun weekend project!
Hosting a party is always a lot of fun. Cleaning up afterwards, however, is a different story—you discover carpet stains, scratches on your hardwood floors and the worst of all—water rings on expensive antiques.
Whether your get-together involves your entire family or just a couple of your closest friends, you can avoid having to deal with these stubborn marks by leaving out these DIY coasters for them to set their champagne glasses on. The best part? They are so cute, they can double as party decor too!
Try your hand at it by following this step-by-step tutorial:
What you need:
- White porcelain tiles
- Black and gold metallic paint (or whichever colors you prever)
- Detailer brush
- Plastic paint tray
- Spray sealant
- Felt pads
- Start by squeezing out an ample amount of gold paint on the tray. Using a thin detailer brush, dot gold paint around the exterior edge of the tile. The dots don't have to be perfect, but try to make it symmetrical for a more balanced look.
- Once the paint is dry, you can start drawing the main design on the center of your tile. Using the same detailer brush, free hand the word "Cheers!" in script or any style you prefer.
- When the paint has set, spray two even coats of water-resistant sealant on the tiles to keep the design from rubbing off. Allow the sealant to dry overnight.
- Cut up felt pads in fours and stick to all corners using superglue for stability when holding beverages.
RL Tip: Consider personalizing these coasters by painting each family member's name instead. You can also draw different pictures.
Source: The Everygirl.
More on Realliving.com.ph