DIY: Party Lanterns
Planning a fancy dinner this weekend? Decorate your home with chic party lanterns
Displaying lanterns can lighten up the mood of your outdoor party. Spruce up your space by adding dyed coffee filters to your usual paper lanterns. Let this project guide you.
Main photos from perfectkidspartyshop.com.au | DIY inspired by marthastewart.com
- White Coffee Filters
- Food Coloring
- String or Ribbon
- Glue gun
- Mixing bowl
- Paper Lantern
Photo from: lauryngallowayblog.com
- Add food coloring to a mixing bowl filled with water.
- Carefully dip 20 sheets of coffee filters in the bowl. Let it sit for 20 seconds.
- Squeeze the coffee filters to remove water.
- Let the dyed filters dry for 10-20 minutes.
- After drying, use a glue gun to stick the dried coffee filters to your paper lantern.
- Tie a ribbon on the top most part of your lantern for hanging.
RL Tip: Create a ruffled effect by gluing your filters in different directions.
Photo from perfectkidspartyshop.com.au
More on Realliving.com.ph