DIY: Painted Glasses for Under P50 Each
Use glass and tile paint to personalize your old drinking glasses
In these modern times, we have more means than ever to connect and communicate with each other but we often spend far less time together. Although we may be surrounded by our family and friends, we are easily distracted by our phones, tablets, laptops, and the comforting hum of the TV in the background. It seems that these new gadgets make our lives easier but they also end up creating a gap between us and the people that we love.
Once a week, why don't you take a break from your gadgets and try something new with those near and dear to your heart? You can learn how to bake or ride bikes around the neighborhood. You can also try to paint drinking glasses!
- Clear drinking glasses
- Tile and Glass Paint
- Wash and dry your drinking glasses.
- Choose the designs that you would like to paint.
- Paint the glasses and have fun.
- Do not paint the inside of the glass and other surfaces that come into direct contact with food.
- Leave to dry for at least 12 hours.
- OPTIONAL: To make the glasses dishwasher-safe, bake them in an oven at 150°C for 30 minutes.
We painted plants on a glass so we could fill it with a milk chocolate drink—the chocolate looks like soil! We also tried an ocean-inspired design for water and a few colorful pineapples for pineapple, mango, and other similarly-hued drinks. You can also try simple yet playful patterns for your own drinking glasses. Enjoy!
Sheena Ira Tan-Padrigao is a muralist, artist, and art teacher. For made-to-order banners, paintings, and other handmade projects, you may contact her at (0923) 592-9300.
More on Realliving.com.ph