Spruce Up An Old Accent Chair
New fabric and a fresh coat of paint can liven up your well-loved piece
An accent chair can make a living area look put-together. It can even add a dose of color if your space is flooded with neutrals. But before you buy a new one, you might want to look around your house. Architect Allen Oblena shares how he resurrected an old accent chair below:
- New fabric of your choice
- Remove the old foams of the chair. Replace them with new ones for aesthetic and hygienic purposes.
- Prepare your fabric. You can buy fabric at Fabric Life by Larry's, 677 Aurora Blvd. cor. Broadway Ave., New Manila, Quezon City. They have fire retardant fabrics, which you may want to consider for this DIY project.
- Put the new fabric on the chair. You can also have an upholsterer do this for you. Click here to see how you can reupholster a chair.
- Paint the legs of the chair to complete its new look.
Your chair is now ready. Place it in your living area, or create a cozy reading nook by pairing it with a floor lamp, a footstool, and a throw pillow. Create your setup in a corner of your space.
More on Realliving.com.ph