DIY: How To Install A Bracket-Mounted Shelf
Add instant storage with this small space must-have
Sometimes, it’s hard to find freestanding shelves that can fit in a compact home. While it's ideal to have pieces custom-made, some just can’t afford the waiting time. Good thing you can get DIY shelves at hardware stores and home depots. These are easy to install, too! Here’s how:
- Bracket-mounted shelf system (available in hardware stores and home depots)
- Measuring tape
- Level hammer or rubber mallet
- Electric or cordless drill
- Shelf boards or wooden planks
1. Pick a spot at home where you want to install your shelves. Decide on the height and measure it against your wall.
2. Using a pencil, mark the placements of the standards. Drill holes on the wall and install the standards with screws.
3. Place the metal brackets into the standards based on your desired height.
4. Secure the brackets into their slots by tapping them with a hammer or rubber mallet.
5. Place the shelf boards or wooden planks on brackets. You now have a shelf.
Get more tips in Handy Hints and Instant Makeovers: 35 Easy Home Projects Book. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph