DIY: Golden Planters
Give your old terracotta planters a big makeover with this project
While plants are refreshing accents on their own, putting them in pretty containers is also a plus. You can turn your ordinary planters into stylish pieces by painting them with a chic color of your choice. However, if you want to up the ante a bit, you can never go wrong with a touch of gold.
Let this simple step-by-step guide help you craft a planter that will surely shine in your garden.
DIY Inspired by ruffledblog.com. Main photos from abeautifulmess.com.
- Gold and white spray paint
- Paint brush
- Old terracotta pot
- Used newspaper
- Gold leaf kit (optional)
Photo from crafts.tutsplus.com.
- Place some used newspaper on the floor to protect your floors from spills and stains.
- Use a piece of sandpaper to smoothen the pot and remove imperfections.
- Remove excess dust and dirt from the pot by wiping it with a damp cloth.
- Spray paint the outer part of the pot with white paint. Let it dry.
- Once dry, spray paint the inner areas of the pot and wait until it's dry.
- Paint the bottom part of the planter with gold paint.
- Once done, you may now transfer your plants and place your chic pot in one corner of the garden or balcony. You may also hang them to create a vertical garden.
RL Tip: You can also use gold leaf and masking tape to add small and quirky details.
Photo from abeautifulmess.com.
More on Realliving.com.ph