DIY: Geometric Painted Throw Pillows
Brighten up your living room with throw pillows that you crafted on your own
Got plain, boring throw pillows at home? You can create a unique accent for your living area or bedroom by simply painting patterns and shapes on your pillows.
You can do this project in just a couple of hours as it's simple and budget-friendly, too. Let the steps below guide you.
DIY Inspired by thecreativityexchange.com| Main photo from honeybeevintage.com.
- Plain cotton pillow
- Paint brush
- Fabric paint (your choice of colors)
- Painter’s tape
- Sharpie pen (optional)
Photo from drifterandthegypsy.com.
- Place a small cardboard in between the pillow’s cover to avoid paint smears.
- Next, draft your chosen style using painter’s tape. Try creating different lines that intersect with each other to form quirky shapes.
- Using a paintbrush, carefully paint the spaces between the painter’s tape with your chosen color. Make sure you fill the spaces neatly by painting in one synchronized brush stroke.
- Let it dry then slowly peel the painter's tape once dry.
- Use your finished project in the living room or bedroom.
RL Tip: Feel free to experiment and be more creative with your designs. Draw patterns, write your name or favorite quote using a Sharpie pen or pentel pen to make your piece even more personal.
Photo from www.brit.co.
More on Realliving.com.ph