DIY Fork Display
Make this unique piece of art with materials found in the kitchen
Do you have old forks lying around the kitchen? Turn them into instant artwork!
- Old forks
- Scrap of fabric
- Spray paint
- Kitschy picture frame with matting
- White glue
- Glue gun
Read the original article in RL Notebook - January-February 2012 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Wipe forks clean. Lay them down on a flat surface protected by newspaper. Spray paint forks. Let dry.
- Remove glass, backing, and matting from frame. Spray paint frame. Let dry.
3. Cut your fabric scrap to fit frame backing, leaving a one-inch allowance all around.
4. With a paintbrush, apply white glue to the backing. Attach fabric scrap, pulling it taut and applying glue to the edges. Let dry.
5. Re-assemble picture frame. (Do not re-attach the glass).
6. Attach painted forks onto the fabric backing using a hot glue gun. Let dry.
An instant kitchen accent.
Looking for more fun DIY projects? Click here.