DIY: Easy, Breezy Canopy Bed
Get the bed of your dreams even with a small budget
With just a few tools and materials, you can quickly turn your bed into a serene sanctuary that you can escape to.
All photos are from One Kings Lane.
- (8) 13” 3/4-inch wooden dowels or (4) 36” 3/4-inch wooden dowels cut in half
- (12) 1-inch metal U-shape brackets
- (4) 1-inch piping elbow
- (8) 1-inch pipe cap
- Spray paint (white, black, silver, gold, or copper)
- (8) premade drapes—your choice of length and material
- Epoxy glue
- Make the necessary measurements to ensure each corner of the canopy falls directly above each corner of your bed.
- Using the epoxy, permanently glue a pipe cap to one end of each wooden dowel.
- Glue two dowels to the piping elbow using the bare end, creating an L shape. You should have created four of these L-shaped wooden rods.
- Spray paint all four L-shaped rods and all the U-shape brackets. Let dry.
- Once dry, ring the drapes onto the rods.
- Then, drill the rods above your bed using the U-shape brackets to hold them up (three brackets per rod). Make sure each rod is aligned to each corner of your bed.
RL Tip: Add a whimsical touch to your room by choosing drapes in light colors or even sheer fabric. You may also opt for fabric with fun prints to create a quirky vibe.
Photos from One Kings Lane.