Craft a Darth Vader Wall Art in 6 Easy Steps
Proud of you Lord Vader will be when you finish this project
Are you one of the thousands who cannot wait to catch Star Wars: The Force Awakens? We can't wait too! So while waiting for your screening date, why not craft a funky little project that showcases who else but the Dark Lord himself–Darth Vader!
For this feature, Marvz Conti of Habil Crafts teaches us how to create a unique wall art with the help of the materials and steps below:
Additional photo from: Yellow Bliss Road.
- MDF Board
- Finishing nails
- Yarn or thread
- Sand the MDF board to make it smooth, then paint it black or whatever solid color you like.
- Download a free pattern from the web and print out to desired scale. Make sure it is a design that you can easily “trace” with nails and thread.
- Cut out the pattern of the design on paper, then tape it onto the board. Follow the pattern outline when putting the nails on the board.
- Carefully tear away the paper pattern once the nails have been secured.
- Weave the yarn through the nails, starting with the outline of the pattern first.
- Then, fill in the pattern by weaving the yarn in a crisscross manner. Continue until the gaps have been filled in and the design is already defined.
Use your finished project to liven up a plain wall or use it as part of your Star Wars vignette in your room!
This snippet originally appeared on the June 2015 issue of Real Living Magazine. Minor edits have been made by the realliving.com.ph editors. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph