DIY: Colorful Lamp
Transform a drab lamp into a keeper with the help of hot color
You could replace an old lampshade with something that would go well with your revamped base. Find similar lampshades at 5corners.
Crafts by Paula de Guzman, Dagny Madamba, and Tala Singson. Photographed by Jun Pinzon.
Read the original article ("In Full Color") in the February 2013 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Old lamp
- New lampshade (you can buy these at lighting stores)
- Masking tape
- Spray paint (primer and purple)
1. Wipe the lamp base with a damp cloth to remove dust.
2. Apply masking tape on the areas you don't want to be painted.
3. Use a lacquer spray paint to coat the lamp base. Make sure you spread the paint evenly to give it a flat coat.
4. Let it dry before screwing on the new lampshade.