DIY: Chic Serving Tray
Turn a plain serving tray into a bold tabletop accessory
How about adding a catchy piece on the dinner table as you enjoy Media Noche? You may start this project early so you have enough time to let it dry.
Crafts by Paula de Guzman, Dagny Madamba, and Tala Singson. Photographed by Jun Pinzon.
Read the original article (“In Full Color”) in the February 2013 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Old tray
- Masking tape
- Spray paint
1. Protect your workstation by covering the floor with old newspaper.
2. Remove dust and stains from the tray by wiping it with a clean, damp rug. Let it dry completely.
3. Spray paint with primer first, especially if tray has multiple existing hues. This will set an even color over the tray when applied with desired paint hue. Let dry.
4. Spray paint the item at at least 30cm distance. Let dry.
5. Repeat until desired shade is achieved. Seal with lacquer.
RL Tip: Spray paint a darker shade of the primary color of your choice for a more sophisticated look.