DIY: Charming Book Charging Station
Create a cute, safe place where you can keep your phone while it’s plugged in
Imagine this scenario: your beautifully decorated room is prim and proper with your bed made, clutter stored, and things neatly put away. It looks like a photo straight out of a magazine.
But from the corner of your eye, you see all your gadgets piled up, with cords all over the place. It doesn’t really make for a picture perfect scene. Why not avoid this eyesore by crafting a pretty charging station that can hold your phone or gadget while it's plugged in?
Main photo from Caught on a Whim.
- Old hardbound book (big enough to fit your phone)
- Decoupage glue
- X-Acto knife
- Fabric/ Pretty wrapping paper
Photo from Caught on a Whim.
- Using the ruler and pencil, mark out a rectangle in the middle of the first page of your book. Make sure the rectangle is big enough to fit the whole phone but leave a border that’s at least ¾ inches thick.
- Using the X-Acto knife and the ruler as guide, cut out the rectangle from all the pages until you reach the very last page. Make sure to lay down a piece of cardboard to protect the back cover of your book.
- Cut out a notch on one side of the pages so your charger cord can fit.
- Cover your book with your fabric or wrapping paper.
- With the brush, glue the pages and back cover together by applying the decoupage glue onto the edges of every page.
- Avoid your cover from being glued to the pages by protecting it with cling wrap.
- Close the book and stack heavy objects on top. Allow to dry overnight.
- Place your new charging station on your bedside table. It can even serve as table decor.
Photo from Mark Kintzel.
More on Realliving.com.ph