DIY: Candle Votives
Recycle old teacups by turning them into chic must-haves
If you have orphaned teacups that you no longer use at home, you can still find purpose for these pieces. Transform them into charming candle votives with the help of this project. As a bonus tip, you may put your candle teacups on a saucer for a more polished look.
Styling by Paula de Guzman. Pictorial direction by Dagny Madamba. Photographed by Dairy Darilag. Crafts by Catherine Reyes of Katha.
Read the original article in the August 2014 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Old teacup
- Used candles
- Candlewick (available at crafts stores)
- Double boiler
- Remove the wicks of used candles.
- Melt the used candles in a double boiler.
- Tie a candlewick onto a barbecue stick, then set the stick on the middle of the teacup. Make sure the end reaches the bottom of the cup.
- Pour the melted candle slowly into the teacup. Keep on pouring the melted wax to even out the surface until it’s half an inch from the rim.
- Let it cool. Then, cut the wick.
RL Tip: You can use these votives as a centerpiece at your next party. You may put these on a tray for an organized look.