DIY: An Old Tray Turned into a Mini Corkboard
Create a stylish and functional piece for your home office
Over the years, we have acquired a lot of pieces for the home that we sometimes to store in cabinets and storage boxes. While you can donate some that can still be useful, you may also breathe new life into an old piece by simply turning it into another must-have or accessory.
If you have a vintage tray at home, turn it into a memo board that you can use in the home office or bedroom. Let this project show you how.
Source and Select Photos: All Sorts of Pretty.
- Old serving tray
- Cork foam board
- Cutter or X-Acto knife
- Glue gun
Photo from gunsbase.com.
- You should know where to cut your cork or foam. Lay your tray at the back side of the foam then trace the shape.
- Using an X-Acto knife or a cutter, cut the foam accordingly.
- Attach the foam to the tray using a glue gun or any strong adhesive.
- To make sure that it is properly attached, you may consider placing hardbound books on top of the foam.
- Once dry, you may now use it to put photos on display or leave notes and reminders. Personalize your piece by adding quirky push pins and other small trinkets.
Optional: Paint your tray in your chosen hue.
Photo from All Sorts of Pretty.
More on Realliving.com.ph