DIY: 6 Easy Steps for Budget-Friendly Wall Art
Learn a quick and simple painting trick for your DIY projects
If you are constructing or renovating your dream home, you may have a lot of leftover paint lying around. Instead of letting these materials go to waste, you may want to use these to create your own DIY wall art.
Working on personalized artwork will allow you to make the most of your money, spruce up any plain corner, and inspire you to do something with your own hands.
To create your own DIY wall art, here are 6 easy steps to follow:
- Cover the entire surface of an ordinary artist’s canvas with gold spray paint.
- Once dry, apply thin masking tape over random areas to create a pattern.
- Paint the entire surface over with a coat of Momento Primer from Nippon Paint. Let dry.
- Paint the primer surface over with Momento Special Effects Paint in Sparkle Silver. Use criss-crossing strokes with a stiff brush to apply the paint.
- Once the paint is partially dry, go over the surface with a spatula to smoothen the paint out.
- Once dry, remove the masking tape.
Read the original article ("Hue's Clues") in the October 2014 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph