Easy Decorating Tips For A Pet-Friendly Home
Create a space that you and your pets would surely love
There’s no denying the warmth that our furry friends add to our homes. From patiently waiting for us each night to enjoying even the shortest of playtime, these furry babies can make any space cozier. However, much as we love having them around, we also need to note a couple of adjustments to make the house comfortable and stylish for all occupants. Take note of these ideas that can help you achieve a pet-friendly home that’s still chic and stylish:
1. Choose washable and inexpensive fabrics. Our pets love to roam around and leave paw prints and fur on carpets, pillows, and even on the bed. Since you don’t want to sleep on these, it’s better to have fabrics that can be changed and washed easily. Regularly change your sheets and vacuum the different areas of the home to get rid of pet hair.
2. Opt for hard surface floors. Tiles, stone, concrete, or laminate flooring are all easy to clean and toe-nail proof. The bonus? These can also add an elegant touch to your home and give your pets a cool place for naps. For those who prefer wood flooring, oak and mahogany are the best picks as large dogs can easily scratch wood. For more pet-friendly flooring ideas, click here.
3. Keep your walls protected with gloss or semi-gloss paint. Cats seldom scratch these surfaces and these are prone to stains as well. Semi-gloss paint is ideal for rooms where activities are done. Avoid a boring look by painting lively colors and working with patterns.
4. Create a pet-friendly entry. If your dog likes going in and out of the house, see how you can incorporate a pet door into your existing entryway. Have a place where you can clean their paws, too. If the space allows, you can also set up a mini pet grooming station by the door where you can easily access cleaning towels and other needed must-haves.
5. Carve out special nooks for your furry friends. These will be the spots where they can play, take a nap, and simply enjoy some downtime. Turn an unused corner into a pet zone by adding a pet bed or a cat tower. Remember to keep this part of the home clean at all times and do organize their toys and belongings properly.
6. Showcase your love for your pets! Choose themed accessories and use these around the home. Quirky tabletop décor can serve as conversation pieces as well. The easiest way to show your love? Have their photos printed and framed, then create a furry gallery wall.
More on Realliving.com.ph