Decor Hack of the Day: Color-By-Numbers Wallpaper
Create fun, instant-artwork wallpaper that you and your kiddos can scribble on
This will take: 2 hours to an entire afternoon
Cost: P100-500; depending on how many sheets of paper you’ll post on your wall
- Printed pattern on sturdy paper
- Masking tape
- Spray adhesive
- Colored pencils
Styling and Production by Katherine Lopez and Tala Singson. Photographed by Dairy Darilag.
Read the original article ("10 Easy Décor Hacks") in the May 2014 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Search for free online patterns on the Internet. Make sure to get a “seamless” pattern so you can overlap the paper to join the design perfectly. You can also photocopy the pattern from one original print.
- Prepare your wall by sanding the surface. Make sure the surface is smooth and clean.
- Print out the pattern in 30 or more copies depending on the area of the wall you want to cover.
- Cut around the edges of the paper according to the borders of the pattern. Arrange the paper sheets so that the patterns will join seamlessly. Secure them together with masking tape at the back. You now have one whole sheet of wallpaper.
- Using a spray adhesive, coat the back of your wallpaper. Carefully mount the wallpaper onto your prepared wall, smoothening down air pockets with your palm.
- Color the pattern every once in a while with colored pencils or any medium that you prefer. Let your whole family join in on the fun!
Real Tip: You can also make color-in framed art. Just place the printed paper in frames if you're iffy about gluing them onto your walls.
For more tips and ideas, click here.