D.I.Y. Elegant Wreath
Create your own unique Christmas wreath using décor that you already have
Make a minimalist but elegant wreath that’s a step above the holiday decorations you can find in department stores. All you need are the wreath and a few simple Christmas tree ornaments.
- Plain Christmas wreath
- Christmas tree ornaments
- 1”-wide wired ribbon
- Florist’s wire or thin-gauge wire (available at hardware stores)
- Scissors or metal cutter
- Choose a simple, unadorned green wreath. We got ours from KISH (www.kish.ph), but you can also get plain wreaths at True Value and Dapitan Arcade.
- Get three to five tree ornaments of varying sizes. To create a simple but elegant wreath, choose ornaments of similar color palettes and/or themes—all metallic, all red, or all in a country-rustic theme. We got ours for P25 each at Dapitan Arcade (Dapitan corner Kanlaon Sts., Quezon City).
- Remove the strings of the ornaments. Cut a length of wire to fit around the thickness of the wreath. Thread the ornament through the wire, wrap around one side of the wreath, and twist at the back to secure it. Hide the wire in the leaves of the wreath.
- Repeat with the other ornaments. Locate the ornaments only on one spot of the wreath.
- Fasten the lightest ornament to the hanging loop of the wreath.
6. Knot the wired ribbon at the base of the hanging loop, leaving a 5”-length end free. Wrap the rest of the ribbon around the loop to cover it. Tie a bow at the end.
Your Christmas wreath is now ready! Welcome guests with warm holiday cheers by hanging it on your front door.