Building 101: Shower or Tub?
Can't decide between the two choices for your bathroom? Here are the pros, cons, and product picks to help you choose!
Your shower or tub should be efficient and relaxing. Easy-to-replace shower sets and ready-made acrylic enclosures are very practical choices.
When buying pieces for your space, keep in mind specific maintenance requirements of tubs and showers, as these can take up a significant chunk of your bathroom budget.
Axor Massaud Freestanding Tub by Hansgrohe, price available upon request, Kuysen
- Soaking in a tub is luxurious and soothing
- More beautiful to look at than showers
- Adds more value to the home when you sell your property
- Takes ages to fill up
- Elderly people may have trouble getting in and out
- The quickest way to get clean
- Uses less water
- A stall takes less space than a tub
- Not many shower stalls are attractive
- Slippery when wet – install a grab bar
- Young children tend to prefer tubs to showers
Tub from Esplanade Series by Sergei Tchoban for Duravit, price available upon request, all from Kuysen
Axor Montreux 2-handle Bath Mixer for Exposed Installation, price available upon request, Kuysen
Grohe Rainshower Icon, P5,832; Grohe Shower Holder, P6,300, both from Wilcon Depot
Axor Starck Ijet Overhead Shower 180mm; Shower Arm 230mm, prices available upon request, Kuysen
Hansgrohe Metris E Shower Set, price available upon request, Kuysen
* Prices are subject to change.
To view a list of stores and suppliers, click here.
Picks by Tala Singson. Anchor photo (Axor Starck Bathroom) and Kuysen product photos by Dairy Darilag. Wilcon products by Kurt Alvarez.
Read the original article in the March 2014 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.