Building 101: Nippon Paint Weatherbond
This paint is specially formulated to guarantee long-lasting protection
Like Q-Shield Extra, Weatherbond is durable against harsh weather. While it is formulated for exterior walls, it is also suitable for interior walls.
Photographed by Jeremiah Idanan.
Weatherbond is available in 1L (P347.00) and 5L (P1,645.00) containers. One gallon (5L) of Weatherbond can cover around 65-75sqm. (single coat only)
Take note of these surface preparation tips before using Weatherbond:
- Remove all loose, defective paint or powdery residue.
- Treat areas affected by fungus growth with Nippon Fungicidal Wash Solution.
- Repair cracks and uneven surfaceswith Nippon Multi-purpose Joint Compound or suitable fillers. Smoothen filler areas with sandpaper.
- Surfaces to be painted must be cleaned thoroughly and should be dry. The area must be free from dirt, grease, and other foreign matters.
- Avoid painting when the moisture content and alkalinity of the walls are still high.
- Do not apply Nippon Weatherbond in wet weather.
Weatherbond Flex is the most flexible type and is in high gloss. It takes pride in its 10-year guaranteed protection while the other type: Weatherbond Satin guarantees a 5-year protection.
*Special thanks to Handyman Do-It Home Center, Robinson’s Forum.
Do you have questions about paint and other painting concerns? We’d love to help! Like us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/realliving.ph> or follow us on Twitter and Instagram: @reallivingph