Building 101: Choosing the Right Textiles for Your Home (Part 2)
Make your bedroom more soothing with the right set of fabrics
To transform the bedroom into a perfect place for relaxing slumbers, you have to use soft but washable fabrics. Cotton percale and its derivatives are must-have fabrics for your bed linen. For curtain treatments, however, you can go for woven drapes with cotton voile sheers. Upholstery for bed benches and reading chairs can be chintz or a soft but sturdy polyester mix.
Styling by Dagny Madamba and Issa Villar. Photographed by Miguel Nacianceno (setup) and Paolo Feliciano (moodboard).
Read the original article ("Fab Fabrics") in the September 2013 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Adeline Lotus from Grand Flora Collection, P1,825/yard, Larry’s Curtain & Upholstery Supply Inc.
- Llerena Amarillo, P895/meter, Townes, Inc.
- Yuma Sky, P1,395/meter, Townes, Inc.
- Ringo Carribean, P1,495/meter, Townes, Inc.
- Ivory Cairo, P825/meter, Townes, Inc.
- Turquoise Cairo, P825/meter, Townes, Inc.
- Spotted Canary Yellow, P1,496/meter, Larry’s Curtain & Upholstery Supply Inc.
- Paint Swatches: C18 (greens), E14 (browns), E26 (blue grays), all from Handyman Do It Best Paint
Bed Linen, find similar at Rustan’s Department Store
Blue and White Flat Sheet King Size, P12,850 part of a set, Rustan’s Department Store
Chrome Table Lamp, P20,388, Home Matters Ashley Side Table, P34,384, Home Matters
Mommy Owl, P600, Home Matters
Grey Printed Throw Pillow Cover, P950, Sifra Interiors and Objects
Musty Queen Size Bed, P56,800, Home Matters
DecoLiving Manila Lux Obzeet Area Rug, P26,415, Home Matters
*Prices are subject to change.
To view a list of stores and suppliers, click here.
For more tips and guides, click here.