RL Tips: Caring for Your Comforter
Maximize the use of your comforter with the help of these 6 handy hints
After a long day at work, a well-kept comforter can help relieve stress as well as aid in a good night's rest.
Comforters are considered as essentials in the bedroom. It has two layers of cloth that contain fillings that can help the body relax. Whether your comforter is made from wool or cotton, it is essential that you keep it clean. Let these tips guide you.
- Fluff your comforter every day to maintain its softness and to prevent matting. You can also air it out once in a while to keep it fresh.
- Utilize a duvet cover to guard your comforter from unwanted stains and excess body oils. Wash the duvet cover every week so that your bedding is kept clean and fragrant. If you use a duvet cover, you should only dry clean your comforter every year. Keep in mind that regularly washing your comforter can reduce its softness.
- If your comforter gets stained, try washing it using a mild dishwashing soap or you can even use a homemade cleaning solution by mixing ½ cup baking soda and ½ cup water. However, if the stains are tough to remove, you can consider bringing it to a laundry shop.
- If you’re on a budget, you can clean your own comforter by yourself! Check the manufacturer’s instructions first before you start cleaning. Learn more cleaning tips here.
- When you are not using your comforter, store it inside a well-ventilated cotton bag, to avoid dust build up. Avoid storing them in plastic wraps because it can cause mildew growth.
Photo by Dakila Angeles.
More on Realliving.com.ph