6 Tips to Prevent Mold Growth
Keep your home spotless with these handy hints
Mold is a type of fungus that grows in organic furnishings that have excess moisture. It is important to prevent the growth of mold at home as it can damage walls and floors. Molds also produce allergens and toxins that may affect one's health, too.
Let these tips help you prevent the growth of mold in your home.
Main photo from blog.gaiam.com.
- Wipe your kitchen countertops and tables regularly using a damp cloth and a mild dishwashing soap.
- Ventilation is important to keep mold from growing in your home. Make sure that air can circulate in compact areas like the bathroom. Click here for more bathroom cleaning tips.
- Keep your furnishings dry. If you're wooden chair got wet because of the rain, make sure you dry it out as soon as possible.
RL Tip: If you notice molds growing already, clean it out by mixing a part of bleach with 10 parts of water. Use rubber gloves to scrape the mold until it's gone.
- Build walls that have proper insulation to avoid condensation within walls and floors. Thermal insulation helps save energy.
- Too much clutter in your home may prevent proper air circulation. It's best to remove items that you no longer need. Click here for more decluttering tips.
- Fix leaks in your home. A leaky faucet or pipe can cause moisture problems which then result into mold growth.
RL Tip: You can try to fix a leaky faucet on your own. Click here for the step-by-step guide.
Production by Paula de Guzman. Styling by Dagny Madamba. Photo by Vincent Coscolluela.
More on Realliving.com.ph