6 Garden Maintenance Tips
Keep your plants alive this summer with the help of these handy hints
Given the heat of the sun and the intense weather we experience during summer, plants often wilt. Keep them healthy this season with the help of these tips.
Read the original article in the April 2010 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- Since humidity is high during summer, fungi may grow on your plants because of excess moisture. Avoid this by not watering your plants just before dark so the leaves have time to dry up.
- Don't just spray water on the leaves. Water the soil as well so the roots get saturated.
- Pull out weeds and rid your garden of empty cans and bottles. These are breeding ground for pests.
- Some insects, like ladybugs and the praying mantis, are enemies of pests. Having them in your garden is a no-cost, safe way of warding off pests.
- Have a small corner in the rear part of your garden for your gardening tools. Put them in a box or in a small cabinet so they're easy to find when needed.
- Clean your gardening tools after every use. When you've used a tool for a plant infected with pests, don't use it for your other plants to prevent the pests from spreading.
More on Realliving.com.ph