5 Uses For Tea Tree Oil Around The Home
This household staple packs a powerful punch
Tea tree oil has always been known as an all-natural yet highly effective antiseptic. Distilled from leaves of the Australian paperbark tree, it’s considered to be a cure-all for acne, skin allergies, and even burns. However, it’s abilities don’t stop there—this wonder plant can be useful around the home, too! From killing fleas to disinfecting countertops, here are some ideas you can try:
1. Whether your furry friend is suffering from a bout of ticks or he has just finished treatment, keep his sleeping space flea-free by spraying it with tea tree oil every few weeks. The scent is said to help them relax, too!
2. Tea tree oil helps prevent lice and dandruff! To use it, mix a few drops with your shampoo and wash your hair as usual.
3. Give your laundry a potent boost by mixing in three to five drops of tea tree oil with your detergent. This trick helps removes bad odors caused by bacteria and it keeps the garments smelling fresh for longer.
4. Tea tree oil makes a great all-purpose cleaner, too! Get started by filling a spray bottle with a mixture of one tablespoon of tea tree oil and water. Spritz on any surface that needs cleaning and dry off with a soft washcloth.
5. Take it a step further by making a bathroom disinfectant. Simply mix 10-15 drops of tea tree oil, water, vinegar, baking soda and castile soap in a spray bottle and you’re good to go! The best part? Tea tree oil is an all-natural mold fighter as well.
More on Realliving.com.ph