5 Smart Uses For Lemon Juice
Who knew this tangy fruit can be useful around the home, too?
Believe it or not, lemons aren't just great for making sweet lemonade—they are a miracle worker around the home, too. Its antibacterial properties and bleaching power range from whitening old sneakers to disinfecting microwave ovens. To help you make the most of this wonder cleaner, here are other smart hacks you can try:
- Remove ink spots and food spills on clothing with ease by dousing the dirt in lemon juice as soon as you can. Once it is almost dry, wash the garment in normal cycle with cold water and mild detergent.
- Rusty spots begone! Polish brass decor pieces or copper kitchenware with lemon juice and a soft brush to keep them looking brand new.
- If you want to go bleach-free but your clothes need deep cleaning, soak them in a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda for at least half an hour before washing as usual.
- Does your microwave smell of last night's dinner? Squeeze the juice of one whole lemon into a glass of water, drop the rind in, and spin it for two minutes to get rid of the bad odors.
- If your tennis shoes are looking a little too well-loved, spray it with a mixture of one part lemon juice and one part water before placing them under the sun. They will surely look pristine in no time!
More on Realliving.com.ph