5 Surprising Uses For Apple Cider Vinegar
Maximize every drop of this kitchen staple with these ideas
Every experienced homemaker knows that vinegar is a miracle worker—it’s great for cleaning kitchens, deodorizing the bathroom, and even whitening old tiles—but have you ever tried its milder counterpart apple cider? This fermented wonder doesn't just improve your health, it can be a powerful tool in keeping your home in tip-top shape, too. Check out some of its unexpected uses:
1. If you’re having a hard time getting rid of wine and coffee stains from the rims of glasses, add ¼ cup of apple cider when you load your dishwasher. The acid in the vinegar will help melt all the build-up away.
2. Get rid of bathtub mildew with an easy apple cider vinegar rinse! If your mildew situation is quite mild, one cup apple cider mixed with two parts water will do the trick—however, if the mold is stubborn, you might want to go with a more concentrated solution.
3. A mixture of soap, water, and apple cider can be used to de-streak windows and glass doors. Simply spray it on the surfaces that need cleaning and squeegee the excess water off.
4. Can't get rid of funky odors from workout gear? Pour a cup of apple cider with every load to keep your clothes germ-free and smelling fresh!
5. Believe it or not, you can use apple cider vinegar in your garden, too! Pour it directly onto weed prone areas to stop unwanted growth on herb shrubs and flower beds.
PHOTOS: Vincent Coscolluela (Main) | Ocs Alvarez/ACME Visual Productions (2 and 3)
More on Realliving.com.ph