5 Ideas to Steal from a Colorful Home with DIY Projects
Find handy hints and practical tips for an improved space
Many homeowners would agree that decorating can be a scary and intimidating task. We know that it can be surprisingly difficult to figure out where to begin, what to buy, and how to make your dream home come true. Thankfully, we also know that you can do it. We believe that you can improve your own personal space.
Homeowner Helene Santos knows a thing or two about decorating her own private sanctuary! Here are the five things that we can learn from her DIY haven:
The homeowner bought this modern gray sofa on sale at Mandaue Foam! You should always keep an eye out for furniture sales so that you can buy your furniture and decor at discounted prices.
RL Tip: To learn about the latest furniture sales, you should like the Facebook pages and follow the Instagram accounts of your favorite furniture stores.
If you think that your rooms look too plain and boring, you may want to make your own accent wall!
- Choose the wall, remove the furniture pieces around it, and lay down sheets of newspape.
- Select two paint colors for the stripes. Consider white and a shade that would complement your home like blue, light gray or yellow
- Paint the entire wall with the lighter paint color. Let it dry overnight
- Create stripes using masking tape. Press down firmly
- Paint the entire wall again using the second paint color. Let it dry overnight again
- Carefully remove the masking tape
Another way to create your own accent wall is to use DIY wall stickers! For example, the homeowner spruced up the plain blue wall in the kiddie room with small white triangles.
If you also want to liven up a bare surface, you can draw or print out mini triangles, circles, or even hearts on matte sticker paper. Cut out the design and carefully attach the sticker piece to the wall.
Instead of traditional family pictures, you can make unique silhouette portraits! The homeowner made one of her, her husband, and their three children.
If you would like to make your own, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Take profile portraits of yourself and your family members against a white wall
- Open the pictures on Photoshop or another photo editing software. Adjust the contrast so that the face would be completely black
- Print the pictures on plain white paper or cardboard
- Place the pictures in colorful frames
If you are not ready to work on your own DIY projects, you may want to start with one or two colorful items. A few splashes of color can brighten up the nooks and crannies of your home.
More on Realliving.com.ph