5 Home Hacks You Can Do With Coconut Oil
This magic ingredient is more powerful than you think
It's safe to say there isn't anything coconut oil can't do—it's a go-to for a lot of people when it comes to beauty, body care, alternative medicines and taking care of the home that some even say it's nothing short of a miracle. While there is no way that it can become a cure-all for everything, it can be useful to have a bottle or two in our medicine cabinets. Here are some creative uses for this wonder product:
1. Get rid of shower scum. Coconut oil is no match for any store-bought, artificial cleaner—just pour a couple of drops on a washcloth and scrub the scum away. If there are any stubborn spots, leave it soaked in the oil for a few minutes before wiping it off.
2. Use it as a lubricant for appliances that are stuck. Are you having a hard time pulling levers or turning the faucet on smoothly? A few drops of VCO is the answer. While it's not a permanent solution, it will get the appliances working until the repairman comes for a visit.
3. Remove sticky substances with ease. Whether it's a difficult price tag or a random piece of gum, there's nothing that won't slide off with a little bit of coconut oil. Paired with a damp wipe, it will get any residual tackiness without trouble.
4. Unstick a zipper. A dab of coconut oil works just as well as a dollop of Vaseline—and it's less messy. Add a few drops on the resistant area and zip up or down a few times.
5. Use it to clean steel. Got rusty pipes, tools or even furniture? Coat the rusty area with a layer of coconut oil and let it rest for a few hours. Wipe it clean with a soft cloth, rinse it with warm water and then polish it dry with the same rag.
More on Realliving.com.ph