5 Effective Ways To Get Rid Of Fleas
Some of these handy hints can help prevent them, too
Everyone who owns a dog or a cat would agree when we say that no matter how hard you try, fleas are inevitable—our furry friends are going to experience a bout of these tiny vermins at least once in their lifetime. Thankfully, there are things we can do to ease their pain and rid our homes of these nasty buggers. Here are some ideas you can try:
- If you have carpeted floors or a lot of area rugs, baking soda and salt are your new best friends. Mix these two dry ingredients and sprinkle it on the surface with a heavy hand. Vaccuum as usual after 24 hours.
- For a stronger solution, you can replace salt with boric acid. It acts as a dehydrating agent which kills the fleas. Scatter boric acid wherever there are larvae or eggs to get rid of them before they grow.
- To keep them from scratching and spreading fleas around the home, spray them regularly with lemon juice diluted in water. It helps relieve itchiness and kills bacteria before it reaches your space.
- To prevent your pets from having fleas again, bathe them in rosemary water. All you need to do is boil rosemary leaves and add a couple of drops of rosemary oil to it once it cools. Wash your pets as you normally would.
- Lavender doesn’t only help you sleep, it also has the power to kill fleas slowly. Place a couple of pots around the house to prevent further infestation.
RL Tip: These helpful hacks are great for mild cases. If the situation continues to get worse, it's best to bring your furball to a trusted veterinarian.
More on Realliving.com.ph