5 Benefits of Cork Flooring
It's time to explore this one-of-a-kind alternative to hardwood and ceramic tiles
It's safe to say that cork is an underrated material for building homes. This natural and renewable medium is harvested from the bark of oak trees and has been used in construction for years in countries like Spain, Portugal and the United States.
Over time, it has become popular around the world for being one of the most comfortable and easy-to-clean elements of the home. While it isn't going to be a perfect fit for any room, it can be a wonderful addition to areas like the kitchen or your bedroom—here are a few reasons why:
1. Despite having a softer core, cork resists cracking and is impermeable to gas and liquid. It also has the ability to "bounce" so you don't have to worry about indentations from heavy furniture.
2. Unlike carpet—hair, dust and crumbs don't latch on to cork so it is much easier to clean. Since it repels dust in a way, it promotes better air quality in your home, too.
3. Contrary to what most people think, cork does not grow mold, mildew and termites. This saves you a ton of money for repair and replacement—when properly maintained, cork floors can last up to 40 years.
4. Cork floors can give your home a cozy boost! It provides a cushion underfoot because it follows the curve of your feet when compressed. It's also a natural acoustic insulator which means spaces with cork flooring are more quiet and peaceful.
5. Cork floors are anti-microbial, too. It contains suberin—a waxy substance that repel small vermin and insects therefore you don't have to worry about any bacteria or organisms growing inside your home.
WHERE TO BUY:
JT Cork at Wilcon Depot
- 90 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave., Ugong Norte Murphy, Libis, Quezon City
CW Home Depot
- 9006 & 9008 Commonwealth Avenue, Brgy. Old Balara, Quezon City
More on Realliving.com.ph