Overhaul An Old Drawer in 5 Easy Steps
Give it a new look and be surprised by the result
Sometimes, it's a waste to just throw away unused furniture, especially if the piece just looks worn out but still has good bones intact. Save it by giving it a new look. Here's how architect Allen Oblena resurrected an old drawer cabinet:
1. Sand down the furniture to make the surface smooth and to see what the furniture is made of. In this case, the drawer cabinet is made of combined wood and Medium-density fibreboard (MDF).
2. Sand down the face of the drawers to reveal wood grains.
3. Paint the body made of MDF with white.
4. Replace the existing drawer guides. Find drawer guides at Wilcon Depot.
5. When done, spruce up the drawer cabinet by displaying tabletop accessories on top of it.
More on Realliving.com.ph