10 Ways to Organize Your Bookshelf
Keep clutter at bay with these handy hints
Bookshelves are considered as staples in any home. Whether you're displaying books, decor, or works of art—these handy shelves keep everything organized. However, there are instances when we can't help but leave small items on top of the shelf out of habit. This makes the shelf look cluttered.
To help you keep your shelves neat and organized, here are helpful reminders and tips.
Main photo from www.lovelylife.se.
- When arranging books, group them by height, or even by color to give your shelf a stylish look.
RL Tip: Spruce it up by interspersing the books with quirky bookends.
- Avoid overstuffing your shelves. You’ll have a hard time finding specific books and this will cause your shelves to get damaged as the tier may not handle the weight.
- You may also arrange your books by title. This will make it easier for you to find the book that you want to read.
- Place heavy books together in piles. Do not stack them on thin books as the pile might fall.
- Keep heavy hardbound books at the bottom of the shelf to create a balanced look. Consider having open shelves to accommodate all sizes of books and other décor.
Photo from www.lovelylife.se.
- Personalize your shelf by adding décor pieces like vases and figurines to serve as bookends.
- Consider painting the inside of your shelf with a vibrant color to turn it into an instant accent piece in your room.
- Photography or art books that have quirky covers should be displayed face-forward. This will surely catch the eye of guests.
- To keep your bookshelves clean, use a feather duster to remove dirt. Be sure to dust the top and sides so that dust doesn't fall behind the books.
- Wipe your shelves with a damp microfiber cloth to remove dirt and prevent mold. Click here for more tips to prevent mold growth at home.
Photographed by Paolo Feliciano.
More on Realliving.com.ph